Thursday, August 20, 2009

Colorado



Today is my second and final restday of the trip. The day was consisted of relaxing...We all woke up to hurricane winds tearing to the campsite leaving the tarp that drapes over the table in shambles and Nicks tent tangled at the base of power lines. My stomach was rumbling and I knew I had to start the morning off right...with two bowls of cereal, it was superb. With my budget dwindling slowly from eating out constantly(taco bell 3 nights in a row) I needed to start making use of the abundant groceries have bagged up and this morning was the perfect opportunity. I started off with the delectable Fruity Pebbles. I quickly dumped the remaining "Wholesome rice cereal" into my appetite suppressing(only suppressing to the mere mortal, my stomach known throughout the land can not be stopped) blue bowl dumped milk over top and quickly devoured the bowl, quickly after I dumped the rest of the Kashi GoLean Crunch and like the pebbles it was gone as as soon as the milk hit it. Soon after we gathered our things, rearranged the cargo in the cars and headed to the strip. The first stop was the very cool and relaxed Kind Coffee Shop where I had my only and best blueberry and banana smoothie. While enjoying this drinkable work of art I surfed the internet for beta, RMNP videos, and edited some photos from past days which will be available at the bottom for viewing pleasure. After lounging in the Cafe for 3 hours we got our lazy selves up I headed for the strip with one goal in mind:bracelets. I walked in and out of obscure shops until finally due to Nicks suggestion stumbled upon the Himalayan Bazaar. This little shop was one of the more interesting shops I have ever been in at any tourist trap. The shop was really awesome and the service was perfect. The young woman and her mother who ran it where extremely helpful and friendly. Besides helping me pick out the perfect bracelet for my girlfriend Britney the are also hooking Kyle up with an exact custom-made Himalayan replica of the beanie he lost last year in Colorado. Soon after our adventure in the Himalayas we headed to one of the greasiest and most delicious pizza places in Estes, we devoured individual slices and then left to walk the strip even more before heading back to the campground where we are now sitting in the game room playing pool, charging batteries and soaking in the great times in the gameroom listening to ratatat and Kyle flashing a picture of a cheetah when the growl comes into the beat.

Tomorrow we will beheading back into to the canyon, where we trample and jump over large talus in order to gain ground toward the boulders. The furthest sector in the canyon is Upper Chaos which takes a direct steep direct route up the steep talus field after about an hour scramble you reach a peak and begin to descend toward until you are finally on a perfectly flat grassy meadow where one awe-inspiring boulder sits.







No comments:

Post a Comment